Skin and Pigmentation – How does it works ?wwwmedia
1. Reasons for skin pigmentation
The pigmentation processes
- The melanin pigments (melanosomes) are produced at the basal layer of the skin by the melanocytes.
- They are transferred by the dendrites from the melanocytes to the keratinocytes which are the constituents of the superficial layer of the skin (epidermis).
- During the epidermis turnover (30 days), the keratinocytes carry the melanosome and move until the top until they die and disappear under the form of dead skin.
The factors for pigmentation disorder:
The melanocyte activity is induced by the following factors:
- the α MSH hormone which activity is related by both UV and hormone levels (changes with periods, menopause, aging)
- the inflammation and oxidative stress induced by pollution, acne and cosmetic procedures such as laser, chemical peels, surgery.
- the excess of iron in the dermis caused by aging or injury. That is why aging skin needs more vitamin C to control the iron levels in the skin
2. The techniques to remove dark spots
The most efficient and fast way is to do a specific professional procedure, such as:
Chemical peels involve applying a chemical solution to the face, neck and hands to exfoliate skin and remove dead skin cells, i t will also, stimulate the growth of new skin cells and reveal new skin.
Laser therapies have much the same effect, but tend to be more precise, as the dermatologist has more control over the intensity of the treatment. They involve ‘zapping’ the affected areas with high-energy light. The mildest treatments work just on the skin’s epidermis (surface layer), while more intense treatments can penetrate the deepest layers of the skin.
Hydroquinone. Dermatologists may also prescribe and/or use hydroquinone which is still regarded as the most effective topical agent for reducing hyperpigmentation. It can, however, only be used for limited periods of time because, it can irritate skin and actually cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, especially in people with darker skin.
All these aesthetic procedures will reduce the accumulation of the melanine in the skin, but they will never treat the causes for hyperpigmentation. Which means that it is very important to have an action on all the factors for pigmentation disorders (which is what ALPHA BRIGHT SERUM does) and complete with a sun blocker to avoid the pigmentary rebound (reappearance of pigmentation)
The cosmetic treatment use a variety of active ingredients to regulate the activity of the melanocyte and in some cases perform a light exfoliation of the skin. They all have a limited action with results after minimum 1 month use.
3. How our whitening works
ALPHA BRIGHT SERUM is the only product that will treat all the factors for skin pigmentation with its complete formula:
- It is a potent and stable antioxidant complex to block the effect of free radicals (oxidative stress) induced by pollution, acne and cosmetic procedures such as laser, chemical peel. In addition, the phytic acid has a direct effect by neutralizing the pollutants.
- Acetyl glycyl ß-alanine is a potent spot corrector and brightening peptide. Acetyl glycyl ß-alanine, L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and phytic acid have a direct action on the melanocyte and regulate its activity.
- Vitamin C and phytic acid control iron levels in the skin.
- Acetyl glycyl β-alanine and L-ascorbic acid limit melanin transfer by weakening dendrite and causing phagocytosis of cells.
- L-ascorbic acid and phytic acid allow the elimination of dead cells.
The activity of ALPHA BRIGHT serum on oxidative stress makes it the best treatment to be used after aesthetic procedure to avoid the pigmentary rebound, that is why the doctors recommend it to be used on a daily basis after all pigmentation procedures.
(Clinical trial of ALPHA BRIGHT SERUM versus Hydroquinone 2% on hyper pigmentation with 40 patients in 6 months)
4. Other Alphascience products to use together with it in order to get the best result ?
Use for minimum 2 months in face, neck and décolleté.
Always apply the ALPHA BRIGHT SERUM in a few quantities and wait that it penetrated the skin before applying the moisturizer.
If discomfort occurs due to the concentration of active ingredients in the ALPHA BRIGHT SERUM, lengthen the time between applications until skin becomes accustomed to its use
- Normal to combination skins
Morning and evening
ALPHA BRIGHT SERUM + HA BOOSTER SERUM
ALPHA BRIGHT SERUM + SURFACE CR
- Aging and dry skins
ALPHA BRIGHT SERUM + ULTRA DEEP
TANNIC CF SERUM + ULTRA DEEP
- After aesthetic procedures
Morning and evening
ALPHA BRIGHT SERUM + REGEN Hx